Our Background

Who We Are

Marymount Centre reaches out to vulnerable women and children in Singapore. Under Marymount Centre, there are currently three 24-hour residential homes for girls, namely Ahuva Good Shepherd, Ahuva Good Shepherd – Interim Placement and Assessment Centre, and Ahuva Good Shepherd – Pilot Small Group Care; Good Shepherd Centre, a 24-hour crisis shelter for abused women and their children, and victims of trafficking in persons; and Good Shepherd Student Care, which provides dedicated after-school care for students of Marymount Convent School.

Although few among us know that its history started with the arrival of three foreign missionaries in Singapore in 1939, many are familiar with the name, “Marymount” as roads and a MRT station are named after it. In 1984, Marymount Centre was registered under the Charities Act. In 2014, it was registered as a Company Limited by Guarantee, and obtained Charity and Institute of Public Character (IPC) status on 01 October 2015. By a special resolution, Marymount Centre Limited changed its name to Marymount Centre.

In May 2015, Marymount Centre stepped out from the shadows of the old, yet elegant building on the hillock on Thomson Road to a purposed-built smart building in Toa Payoh. However, we have remained steadfast and true to our calling to advocate for social justice, restore human rights and dignity of self, and responded appropriately to the changing needs of society.

We have been blessed by the support and partnership of donors, benefactors and volunteers as we accompany the women, girls and their families in their often long, painful and arduous journeys to rehabilitation, recovery and restoration.